Grow that hair can happen at any part of the body, not only on the palm side and the soles of the feet, because there grow no hair. Predestined, however, the parts of the body where the hair is removed from time to time. This can be done by a shave, or by epilation or waxing.
Each body hair ends in a hair follicle, which is surrounded by a follicle. If the hair short cut or torn off below the skin surface, it may happen that it no longer finds its way through the skin to the outside. This happens most easily when the pores are clogged. Then it grows under the skin on, parallel to the skin surface.
Because that does not belong to the hair is sealed off from the skin and repelled with time. But are separated by a tiny breach bacteria injected into the skin, the hair root hair ignites this and there is a small pus Knubbel with a red halo.
After epilation ingrown hairs
During epilation, the hairs are pulled out at the root. Will the epilator set incorrectly or the hair too long, the epilator can not grip properly and rips the hair too far upwards. This can have the consequence that after a short time again stubble can be seen. Can the hair is not discharged through the skin, they grow a.
But not only by errors during epilation takes the hair its way through the skin surface no longer. Even those who considered everything, may need about one week after notice that in some places small pustules occur. If a question of forming a red court and pus accumulated therein, the hair root of ingrown hair has ignited.
There are few steps to remove ingrown hairs.
- Treat only itself when it has not yet come to an inflammation.
- Use only sterile equipment (forceps, needle) and push if the inflammation does not passes, the doctor is not on the back burner.
- From a small hair follicle inflammation an abscess or a boil can in case of emergency, when ignited and the surrounding tissue, are.
What helps against inflamed hair roots?
Because the inflammation of the hair root is caused by bacteria, you must eliminate the evildoers. Disinfect initially infected areas and treat then the inflammation with an antibiotic ointment. If you can not get a grip on the hair follicle inflammation, you need to seek medical attention.
- Zugsalbe: the hair follicle inflammation is still in its early stages, it can be treated with Zugsalbe.
- Tea Tree Oil: Alternatively you access to home remedies, such as the tea tree oil. The nurses not only the skin but also acts antibacterial. The oil is spotted while gently with a cotton swab to the affected area.
- Chamomile: Also helpful are warm compresses with chamomile. Brewing a strong chamomile tea on, allow it to cool slightly and then dip a clean cotton cloth in the tea. The soaked cloth insert carefully to the inflamed area.
- Salts: Supportive You can also use the cell salts number 1, 11 and 12 use, you are taking either or mixed with water into a paste, apply.
A depilation should be avoided in the affected area. Only when the hair follicle inflammation is completely gone, you can remove the hair at this point again.
Epilation: Avoid Ingrown hairs
Especially when you know that you are prone to ingrown hairs, you should try to take preventive measures:
- Properly epilieren: The main requirement is that you are setting up your epilator correctly so that the tweezers can grab the little hairs well and pull it out with a jerk at the root. If the hair does not break at the depilation, the first step towards prevention is already done against ingrown hairs.
- Proper Hair Length: The length of hair should fit because long hair to break during epilation you up. In addition, the epilator must exert more strength to uproot the long hair. Thereby it can happen that the hair follicle is changed and the subsequent hair grows at an angle to the skin surface. When epilation on a hair length between three and five millimeters.
- Peeling: In order that the pores do not clog and find all the hair freely the way through the skin surface, you should also include regular skin peels in your personal hygiene. Even the day before the epilation it is advisable to free the skin by a gentle exfoliation of dead skin cells.
- Cream, hot water, massage: Avoid the day of hair removal skin care with fat- or oil-containing creams and prepare your skin with a warm bath or a warm shower to epilate before. A circulation-stimulating massage is also helpful. It facilitates the epilator pulling out the hairs and prevents in this way ingrown hairs.
- Skincare afterwards: After use, you should also not forget the after-care of the skin with a hydrating, fat-free lotion. It is also important that you avoid tight and synthetic clothing.
- Proper epilator: Choosing the epilator also contributes to the prevention against ingrown hairs. Invest prefer a little more money and buy a high quality epilator, which allows you a gentle treatment of the skin by various essays. A cheap device often is not so gentle with your skin in order.
Treat properly Ingrown hairs
If you notice that despite all the prevention hair is grown, and there has not been ignited, you can trace it on your own on the right track. You will need a fine needle, a pointed tweezers, cotton balls and pure alcohol from the pharmacy:
- Sterilize your tools. That is, set both the needle, as well as the tweezers for a few minutes in the pure alcohol.
- Then apply a small amount of alcohol on a cotton pad and thus disinfect the area of skin where the hair is ingrown. You are allowed to work quietly generous and also disinfect the area of the hair.
- Now take the needle and apply carefully the upper skin layers, until you have arrived at the ingrown hair. Keep it as flat as possible so that you can add the needle unnecessary skin injury.
- Once the hair at the skin surface sharpened, drag it using the tweezers a bit up and give it so that the correct direction of growth before.
- Do not remove the hair, otherwise it may happen that subsequent hairs also grow.
- You can then disinfect the skin area treated again in order to avoid inflammation.
This treatment is only recommended when there is still no inflammation and if the hair is not particularly deep seated under the skin surface. If you can not pull with forceps up the hairs, you fix in a beauty salon, the problem of qualified personnel. Is the hair root already inflamed, you should seek medical attention.